Maximum Velocity is back at The Edge Academy! This program is specifically detailed to increase arm strength, arm health, improve mechanics, create routines, and develop a sound mental approach in a pitcher.. This is a great off-season program to get you arm in shape for the upcoming year. No other throwing program incorporates all the training elements learned in the Maximum Velocity program. The IDEAL way to utilize Maximum Velocity, would be to follow up with private or small group professional pitching lessons. This is THE BEST way to properly ensure your arm is healthy and ready to maximize your time training throughout the winter months.
Here is a preview of what Maximum Velocity entails:
1) Mechanical Break - Our instructors will work with pitchers on cleaning up the mechanics to make the body as in sync and SAFE as possible during the throwing motions. The Goal is to increase the output while decreasing the input, essentially the "effortless" throwing actions that is sought after by todays high level coaches and scouts.
2) Weight Baseballs - One of the strengthening tools utilized in this program (same as seen on Real Sports on HBO). These are specifically designed overload and underload baseballs, which when used with specific drills, get the most out of increasing arm strength and velocity
3) Jaeger Band or "J-Bands" - One of the most utilized shoulder strengthening systems used today. These bands are specifically designed to help recovery, flexibility, strength, and endurance when combined with a proper long toss program.
4) Long Toss- to work directly in conjunction with the J-Bands, our coaching staff will show players how to utilize small spaces (especially be indoors) to maximize arm strength and a healthy shoulder/elbow.
5) Core Velocity Belt - Learn how to "feel" what throwing with the lower half is really all about. This training tool is used to A) create the proper feel, and B) strengthen the core so pitchers can learn to use more body and less arm all while increasing arm care and ball velocity.
6) Medicine Balls - As part of ANY good program, there needs to be a strength/conditioning component to ensure players are getting the most out of all the other training aspects within the program.
Maximum Velocity is a 6 week class that will start on November 7th and runs up until December 21st. Training will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7pm (NO CLASS 11/21 or 11/23). This program will have two different age groups per night; 8-13 year olds and 14-18 year olds.
The cost for the Maximum Velocity program is $350
11/21 & 11/23 - OFF